Caring for the most vulnerable is truly a mitzvah and comes from the heart. When you donate, you ensure that we all keep this mitzvah at the core of our values. We’d be unable to help those in need without you!
Your money goes directly to supporting vulnerable members of our community. You ensure the continued success of:
- Support mental health and wellness through a full range of counselling and support services for children, individuals, couples and families. Our services are offered by a culturally and linguistically diverse team,
- Provide newcomers and their sponsoring groups/families support as we welcome, settle and integrate newcomers and refugees,
- Offer direct support services for Ottawa’s Jewish community through the Tikvah program (direct financial assistance, Kosher Meals on Wheels, referrals to the Kosher Food Bank, counselling, holiday support) and Shalom Bayit (confidential support for Jewish women experiencing violence or abuse),
- Decrease social isolation and increase quality of life through our Diverse Senior Support Services (multi-cultural/multi-language services through the community) and Thelma Steinman Seniors Support Services (assisting Jewish seniors and their families) Units and
- Offer resources, referrals and basic supplies to Ottawa’s downtown homeless population through the StreetSmarts program.
Last year alone, almost 10,000 people relied on JFS Ottawa services. On behalf of our team, our Board and most importantly, everyone whose lives you’ve impacted through your donation, thank you.