Poverty is an epidemic in Canada, and these issues are affecting our community right here in Ottawa. The numbers are shocking. More than 1,200 Jews in our capital city are living in some form of poverty. They are immigrants making a fresh start, individuals struggling with mental health issues, seniors, Holocaust survivors – our neighbours, friends and families who are forced to answer this difficult question, “what basic necessities can we live without?”
Jewish Family Services is the ONLY Jewish agency in Ottawa that provides financial relief to help the members of our own community. The EZRA Campaign (Emergency Relief for People in the Jewish Community) is designed to provide assistance and improve the lives of those who need it the most.
How does EZRA help?
- Provides a safe and positive place for the Jewish community when they need help
- Assists over 500 individuals and families in our community every month
- Provides financial assistance to women living with domestic violence
- Helps strengthen individuals and families who have been derailed by tragic events
- Assists individuals in our community meet basic essential needs
- Support families in times of crisis
What’s even more important is that every single dollar – 100% of funds – donated to the EZRA Campaign goes towards the support of those who are struggling. It is our mission to help strengthen our community through social service, partnership and support.
If you would like to make a donation to help support the Jewish community, please call 613-722-2225, visit www.jfsottawa.com/ezra or make a donation online at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/jewish-family-services-of-ottawa/ezra_fund